The original California car duster was one of the most famous and infamous tools of the auto mechanic. It is used to clean and remove dust from the metalwork of classic automobiles, which makes it one of the most important tools in the garage of a car enthusiast. However, this ubiquitous tool has become something of a dirty word these days, with many people no longer using it. And in this article, you will know how to clean the original car duster the easy way.
What is California Car Duster?
A California car duster is a device used to clean dust from the bodies of vehicles. It is made of fiber and has a ball at one end of its handle, which makes it easy to grip. This cleaning product is a great invention for car dust removal, in California; it has been used for decades.
Why use Car Duster?
The main reason for using an original California car duster is that it allows you to clean your vehicle without leaving streaks or residue behind. This product will not scratch your car, so you can use it on all surfaces of your vehicle without worrying about damaging its paintwork. California car duster will remove dust and dirt from every part of your vehicle, including the hard-to-reach places such as between grooves and round edges. Plus, this cleaning tool is safe for any type of paintwork or finish, even for vehicles with clear coat finishes.
How to Use Original California Car Duster?
Cleaning a car with an original California car duster is quite simple. The first thing that you should do is shake the cleaning tool to remove any loose dust or dirt. Then, simply hold the duster in one hand and gently swipe it across the surface of your car. You can also use a California car duster to clean a glass windshield. You should use this tool on both sides of the windshield, starting from one side of the vehicle and moving towards the other.
How to Clean an Original California Car Duster Properly
1. Shake Before Use – Before each use, you should shake this car duster to remove dust from its fibers. Because by doing this the duster of the car will work properly for a long time.
2. Clean duster with an air gun – You should clean the duster of this car with an air gun after every use because by doing this every fiber of the car duster becomes completely free from dust. And your car duster is useful for a long time of use.
3. Comb through the strands – You should comb through the strands of the duster. By doing this, you can remove dust from its fibers.
4. Wash It off with Cold Water and a Mild Detergent – You should wash it off with cold water and a mild detergent. By doing this, you will be able to remove all dust from its fibers. You should hang dry it after washing. By doing this, you will be able to have a clean duster for a long time.
5. Replace It- If your car duster doesn’t work properly or if your car duster broke into the warranty period you should change this in this period to get a new car duster.
How to Store California Car Duster?
After use, you should always store California Car Duster in a safe place where it won’t get wet or dirty. While the tool is still wet, you can hang it up using its built-in hook so that it can dry completely in an open area. However, if the duster has dried completely then you can fold its handle flat and place it inside its storage bag for long-time uses.
Note – Do not use a wet car duster on a dusty surface of the car as doing so will leave streaks or lint on the paint of your car.
In this article, we have discussed how to clean the original California car duster and some tips on how to use it. We hope that this article will help you in your original California car duster cleaning process.